4 Tips on Retaining your Blog Readers
When you first create a blog, getting people to visit it is definitely going to be one of the most important considerations that you make. Simply attracting these blog readers is not enough if you are not guaranteeing in some way that they will stick around, or visit more often. As a blogger, it is as vital that you know how to retain blog readers as to originally attract them. Rather than worry yourself with attracting enough traffic, you need to concern yourself with keeping the blog readers that you do attract. The thing that is going to bring life to your blog is the blog readers that are dedicated to returning time and time again. Forget about the fly by night traffic and worry about retaining the right visitors to your website. Here are some tips for helping you retain the most important blog readers:
– * First and foremost, you should respond to the comments that you receive. If someone makes a good point about something that you say, or they ask a question about one of your posts, take the time to respond to them. If you respond well to your readers, you will be letting them know that you are trying to bring value to them, and that you appreciate the value they are bringing to you.
– * Next, you should make a point to visit the blogs of the people that are commenting on your posts. When most people comment, they leave a link training back to their website. If someone is writing valuably in your blog, then you should do the same in turn. Visit their blogs and leave a comment or two to let them know you were there. If you are commenting in their blog, it will be very hard for them to forget about visiting your blog again.
– * Make sure that your readers have an option to subscribe to your blog. Do not hide an offer for subscription someplace on your blog where it cannot easily be found. You should make sure that this subscription button is at the top or near to the top so that it can be easily found. Another great place for you to consider placing the subscription button is right inside each of the blog posts that you make so that it cannot be missed.
– * Finally, one of the best ways to keep your visitors coming back for more is simply to be yourself. If you are a personality that makes people want to read, then simply being yourself will keep people coming back for more. Once these blog readers have a general idea of who you are and what you are all about, they will continue to come around as long as you remain true to yourself.
These four tips can go a long way in helping you to retain blog readers who will continue to return to your website time and time again to read what you have to say.
Photo Credits: eduardozarate
Originally posted 2009-07-31 05:40:56. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Related articles by Zemanta
- How to Be A More Productive Blogger [And Add 37 minutes to Every Hour!} (problogger.net)
- “How To Start A Website – For Beginners” guide is now available at … – PRLog (free press release) (domainmacher.com)
- WordPress blog tips (sheffnersweb.net)
- Just Starting Out Blogging? Consider Launching Without Comments (slyvisions.com)
- Your New Baby, Blogging, and Modern Motherhood (franklinbishop.net)
- WordPress.com Rolls Out Blog Subscription Widget (blogherald.com)